About Me

My photo
This is a blog mainly for me to get my voice out there, and for me to be opinionated about music!

Friday 8 July 2011

Hyde Park calling...

I recently had the absolute pleasure of seeing one of my favourite bands at the recent 2011 Hard Rock Calling "festival".


This is my second time of seeing the Vegas 4 piece, and after a short period of hiatus, and a speculative solo effort by lead singer Brandon Flowers, The Killers returned to their accepted spiritual home in the UK with a bang!

The group that brought the world 'Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll', were nothing short of top form! One of my fears in going to see them again was that the show would be an (all but) carbon copy of the pervious show; this because having seen their setlists over the past couple of years, and their 2009 DVD and all having basically the same line up. But to my delight they had shaken out the cobwebs of the hiatus and looked to be really enjoying playing music together again!

 




Much in the way the Killers have done over the past 7-8 years, they truely put on a fantastic show! The only way I can describe a Killers gig is by offering all the entertainment factor and hit power of a current act such as the the Arctic Monkeys, and mixed it up in a blender with the excitement of a Freddy Mercury and Queen performance, inherantly including all the charisma and showmanship.

This gig finished up with their self professed favorite piece of music together, When you were young. Hopefully this is still only the youth of a long and healthy career for the Killers! And I'm hoping to hear some new material by the end of the year/ start of next!


Cheers! 

Tx

The setlist was:
‘Indie Rock & Roll’
‘Spaceman’
‘Somebody Told Me’
‘For Reasons Unknown’
‘Smile Like You Mean It’
‘Losing Touch’
‘Bones’
‘Spaceman Reprise’
‘Bling (Confessions Of A King)’
‘Shadowplay’
‘Human’
‘Moon River’
‘Read My Mind’
‘Mr Brightside’
‘All These Things I’ve Done’
‘This Is Yoru Life’
‘Jenny Was Friend Of Mine’
‘When You Were Young’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment